Originally from New Zealand, Alex has been based in Ireland since 2012. He is the head engineer at Grouse Lodge Residential Recording Studios, and his career includes working as a touring musician, producer, recording & mix engineer, and obsessive problem-solver! When not at Grouse Lodge, he works out of a variety of studios around Ireland and overseas.
He has worked with producers such as George Clinton, Garret "Jacknife" Lee, and Starsmith, and with acts such as Parliament Funkadelic, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Sam Fender, and RTÉ Choice Music Prize winners Lankum. Alex produced, recorded and mixed the critically acclaimed debut album “Hemet” by Niamh Regan, which was nominated for the RTÉ Choice Music Prize Irish Album of the Year 2020.
Get in touch to talk about your next project!
- Munrosonic monitoring
- Universal Audio Apollo 8
- Microphones by Neumann, Peluso, Barkley, Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser, Shure, etc
- High-end outboard by Focusrite, Hairball Audio, Golden Age Project, Warm Audio, and Audient.
- A collection of synthesizers including Moog, Dave Smith, Teenage Engineering, Korg, Crumar, etc
- A variety of stringed instruments eg. Fender Telecaster, Precision bass, mandolin, banjo etc
- A wide selection of guitar pedals, tape machines, and other analog toys for making great sounds!